Sometimes we tend to take tech for granted and forget that there is always a potential for stuff to muck up, as in the case of this Dell Mini 9 which popped, hissed and sizzled, and filled a users room with smoke. Aside from the laptop being damaged, it seems that the owner’s wooden flooring was damaged too. The culprit was apparently the battery pack (which shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise). Dell was fairly quick to respond to this situation, sending over an upgraded laptop to the user and taking the melted machine for inspection, though there wasn’t any mention of compensation for the floor. Have you ever had an electronic gadget turn into a fire hazard for you before? Let us know via the comments section.